Thursday 14 July 2016

London (July 1st 2016)

"Let me take you by the hand and lead you through the streets of London" was one of the songs played at O'Reilly's the night before we left St. John's.

Our West Jet flight from St. John's touched down at Gatwick Airport just before 8:30 am on June 29th. As the plane made its way to the gate I was picturing Morgan Freeman in Shawshank Redemption after he had just been released saying,  in the way only he can...."I find I am so excited I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it's the excitement only a free man can feel"

Our last time in London was three years ago and although I always enjoy the histoy and energy of the city the real excitement for us this time was meeting up with Mum and Dad. They flew in from Edmonton the night before and would spend the next week with us in the English capital and Paris.


We spent three days wandering around areas like Piccadilly Circus, Trafalgar Square, the Parliament Buildings and Westminster Abbey. We hung out in Hyde Park and strolled past Buckingham Palace. We took in the the crown jewels and the ravens at The Tower of London as well as posed for pictures in front of Tower Bridge.  We reminisced about visits from the past and enjoyed seeing sights altogether for the first time.

Charing Cross Road became one of our main routes as we made our way to and from our accommodations. Every step recorded on Dad's pedometer as we walked on. Mum and Dad stayed the the St. Giles Hotel on Tottenham Court Road and Jueun and I at the nearby Oxford Street HI. All in all it was a great couple of days wandering through the streets of London. Once again the grand old city did not disappoint

No comments:

Post a Comment